Now accepting contributors to The Character Comma!
If you have writing advice to share with the world, this is the place. If approved, your bylined article will be shared on the main blog and with thousands of readers across all The Character Comma’s social media network. As of May 2018, this includes 11,500 Tumblr followers and 112k monthly Pinterest viewers, as well as audiences on Facebook, Twitter, and The Character Comma’s email list.
There is no cost to submit, and contributors are not paid for their articles.
- The article must be educational and related to creative writing. It should be information that fiction novel writers will find useful and engaging!
- Sample topics include:
- Writing tips about character, plot, setting, etc.
- Editing and revision tips
- Information about publication, agents, book marketing, etc.
- Minimum 600 words and formatted for easy readability (short paragraphs, bullet points, section headers, images, etc). Submit in Word format (no PDF files) as an email attachment.
- Include a 600×400 image to serve as your article’s featured image, as an email attachment.
- Articles should be original to the author and unpublished elsewhere. The author retains full copyright.
- If you want a byline, include a short bio (less than 100 words) and a headshot. You are welcome to share a link to your website here!
Tips for Getting Approved:
In order to maintain quality standards, not every submitted article will be published!
- Follow all submission guidelines.
- Write in a clear, fresh voice that is approachable and easy to understand.
- Include valuable how-to content (practical advice, actionable tips, examples)
- Format your article for easy readability (short paragraphs, bullet points, section headers, images, etc)
Send article submissions to email@example.com.