Characters are the heart of every novel. Every great novel needs a solid framework to help its story come to life, but even if a plot leans into formulaic or predictable twists, a compelling cast of characters will keep readers hooked and wanting more.
The Character Comma is a writing advice blog with an emphasis on crafting, building, and portraying those characters on the page. And, of course, a healthy mix of other resources, tools, and tips to help you on the way!
Character Development Tips
Writing Tools & Productivity
Most Recent Posts
- Writing Inspiration and Productivity QuotesAn inspiring collection of writing quotes about staying motivated even when it gets tough.
- How to Pace an Enticing Romantic Side PlotCraft the PERFECT slow-burn romance with this simple strategy…
- 3 Easy Ways to Torture your Characters (And your Readers)Evoke an emotional response in readers and keep them hooked!
- Character Development QuotesWorking on a character? Be inspired by these powerful quotes!
- The 6 Foundational Steps of Character ChangeCompelling character change starts here! Craft your perfect arc.